FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Can we follow the lessons with our mobile devices?
Yes, you can. You can follow your lessons from the Blackboard mobile applications (iOS - Android) and the browsers of your mobile devices.
- Is there a requirement to attend the class on time?
No there is not. The lecturers who make simultaneous lessons will announce this to you. However, we recommend that you attend live classes since it is interactive. Thus, you will be able to meet the instructor and your friends in the same environment at the same time. Since live sessions are recorded and uploaded to the system, you can watch them at any time.
- Will the videos, slides etc. of the courses be recorded?
Yes, they will be recorded. You will always be able to access all the materials related to the courses through the system.
- Will online classes be on their own class hours?
Live sessions (provided that the instructor has announced this to you) will be held for only one hour during the stated course time.
- Will the exams be carried out via the online system?
Instructors may decide to carry out the exams online, by sharing their request on this with you, their students. They may also form the exam system through a homework. As of April, if formal education can proceed, exams may be held then.
- How many hours will the lectures last in the preparatory class?
The courses of the preparatory classes will last 2 hours.
Lessons will be held every day from Monday to Friday. Your books should be with you when starting the lesson. We kindly remind you to open the microphone and the camera.
Timetable: Lesson 1 : 10:00 - 11:00
Break : 11:00 - 11:15
Lesson 2 : 11:15 - 12:15
Lessons will be recorded.
- Students of the Faculty of Medicine will not be able to take their laboratory courses. Taking into consideration that normally, the students were not allowed to take the exam when even one of the lab classes was missing. Thus, what effect would this have on students?
The Faculty of Medicine will upload theoretical courses over KEYPS. These will be made nonsynchronous (asynchronously). Intensive practical programs will be prepared for these parts of the courses. However, Elective Courses and GED-GEC coded courses will be held via sBlackboard.
- How will the practical courses be taught?
Intensive practical programs will be provided for all practical courses; these programs will also be announced to you.
- Currently, the education is paused for 3 weeks. Is there a probability that this period extends?
Yes, there is such a probability.
- Will the lessons be taught live?
Simultaneous (synchronous) lessons may be for 1 hour. The lecturers will notify you if they are going to teach in live classes.
- Will internship trainings be online as well?
Each internship training may be done later according to its own specialty. Depending on the situation, this training may be done in the summer months as well. There is uncertainty in this context (depending on the pandemic).
- How will the lessons be recovered when we experience any connection or access problems in Blackboard during the online education process?
Blackboard records everything in the system. You can watch these recordings later. Instructors will also be very sensitive in this regard and will take action to overcome failures. In case of a systemic problem, sessions will be recovered, and details will be shared with you.
- Will the University be careful not to make any overlap in online classes for those who do Double Major?
Students have already chosen their Double Major classes for the Spring Semester in the 2019-2020 academic year through MÜBİS (without any overlaps) in course registration period. MÜBİS did not make any overlap as per the ÇAP-YAP Directive (Article: 9/9). Therefore, there will be no students who have to follow several lessons at the same time.
- In the scope of our institutional experience course, we used to visit schools affiliated to the Ministry of National Education, for internship. Due to this process, our internship practices are stopped as well. How will this situation affect our graduation?
Such studies will be done later.