Currently, there are no specific vaccines or treatments for COVID-19. Thus, to prevent infection and slow transmission, basic rules for acute respiratory tract infections are applied for Covid 19, either. For the time being, transmission hasn’t been seen in our country so that we don’t need any special precautions. However, we should follow some basic rules not only for Covid 19 but also the other kind of seasonal viruses (flu, common cold etc.):
Wash your hands regularly with soap and water (20 seconds at least) or clean them with alcohol-based hand sanitizer. You don’t need to use antibacterial or antiseptic soaps; plain soaps are enough.
Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
Maintain at least 1-meter distance between you and people coughing or sneezing.
Wash your hands frequently after contacting any infected people.
Currently, there is no need to use masks in our country. However, people with any viral infections should cover their mouths and noses with a tissue when they cough or sneeze or use the inside of their elbows.
- Take of all the items like rings, watches etc.
- Put both your hands under clean, running water.
- Apply a generous amount of soap to the inside and back of your hands as well as your fingertips. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. Your fingertips, palms, wrists are especially important.
- Rinse both hands under the running water and gently wash away the soap.
- Completely dry the water from your hands. Using a disposable towel (paper towel).
- Turn off the tap with the same disposable towel.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of their elbows.
- Avoid hand shaking or hugs.
- Avoid crowded places.
- Don’t touch your face with unwashed/dirty hands.
- Wash your hands at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Use alcohol-based sanitizers when soap and water are not available.
Home Isolation and Quarantine Rules for Covid 19
- People who have arrived from overseas travel from any country that COVID-19 cases are seen. (If you don’t have any symptoms like cough, fever, shortness in breath, you should still stay at home for 14 days.)
- If you must leave home, wear a surgical mask.
- Don’t use public transport.
- What you should at home:
- Do not have visitors to your home.
- Stay in a separate room if possible.
- Ventilate your room with fresh air.
- Avoid sharing toilets and bathrooms if possible.
- If not, wear your masks in common places and sanitize the places every time you leave.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Avoid sharing plates, glasses, towels.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, cough and shortness in breath:
- Wear a surgical mask immediately.
- Go to the nearest health care providers as soon as possible.
- For further information please visit internet and social media pages: hsgm.saglik.gov.tr